Getting hit by a drunk driver can be one of the scariest moments of your life, but it is important to remember the steps to take after an accident has happened. If you are conscious and able to get yourself to a safe place after the accident, proceed to take these steps—
1. Call the Police so that the accident is documented.
Check on all the other parties involved, including drivers, passengers, and pedestrians, to make sure no one is hurt. Call 911 if anyone may be injured.
2. Cooperate with the Responding Officers.
3. Collect as much Information and Evidence from the scene as possible.
If you have a smartphone with a camera, snap some photos of the accident scene. They’ll come in handy during the claim process. Try to write down as much info as possible in the accident aftermath, including:
- Driver and passenger names
- License plate numbers
- Insurance info
- Makes and models of all vehicles involved
- Contact info for any eyewitnesses
- Location of the accident
- The name and badge number of any responding police officers
4. Seek Medical treatment as soon as possible.
5. Grab a Copy of Plaintiff 101
Wanting to read on the go, on your phone, computer or tablet? You can grab a copy of Plaintiff 101 on Kindle today!
#1 Amazon Best Seller! As seen on Daytime TV, ABC & Bay News 9.
As my life hung in the balance after a tragic car accident caused by a drunk driver, I promised to spend the rest of my life helping others if I were to survive. Despite sustaining a traumatic brain injury, I am the founder and president of Fulfill Your Destiny, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit dedicated to helping people whose careers have been altered by injury or other unforeseen circumstances. This book is to help other personal injury survivors contemplating litigation, or already involved in litigation. You should be able to navigate these troubled waters ever so slightly easier because of our experience and advice. We’re hopeful that plaintiffs’ attorneys will see the benefit of providing this book as a teaching tool to their clients so as a team you can win your case!
- Grab your copy of the Amazon Best Seller here!