Once you file a personal injury claim, it’s important to maximize your potential compensation. This compensation will be an essential part of making a full recovery. Here are 7 tips to help you maximize your compensation in a personal injury case.
1. Preserve evidence
- Take photos of the accident scene and your immediate injuries.
- Collect the names and contact information of the witnesses.
- If there’s a police report, get a copy as soon as possible.
2. Seek medical treatment
- Make sure that doctors and other health care professionals are documenting your injuries and making treatment plans. This documentation can encourage the defense to offer a higher settlement.
- If your doctor recommends a treatment plan, carefully follow it—even if you’re unsure about the extent of your injuries.
- Seek any necessary therapy and treatment for things like flashbacks and post-traumatic stress.
3. Be patient
- To receive maximum compensation in your case, you have to let the defense believe that you’re willing to go to trial.
- Sometimes, you’ll need to reject the first, second, or even third settlement offer.
4. Remember future damages
- Consider your future recovery and include future damages in your claim.
- In some cases, future damages might even comprise the majority of your losses.
5. Build a strong case
- If the defense knows you’ve prepared a strong case for trial, they’ll be more inclined to pay you an adequate amount.
- The defense might feel pressured into offering you a fairer settlement.
6. File ASAP
- After an injury occurs, you have to file your case within a certain timeframe. If the statute of limitations expires, you may not be able to recover any compensation at all.
- Filing your case lets you begin formally gathering evidence.
7. Avoid social media
- If you’re claiming devastating injuries, but your social media page tells a different story, it can ruin your case.
- Don’t talk about any aspect of your injury case with anyone, or anywhere, until a settlement is reached.
For more information like this, you can read the #1 Amazon Bestseller “Plaintiff 101” by clicking here.